Thursday, October 19, 2006

"I am on cocaine!"

Yesterday, after my hand therapy (which went well but they are still looking to operate again) as I was approaching Richard's house from Gertrude street, a man, short haired and stocky, exited a milk bar and turned towards me, his face transfixed with a look of what could best be described as abject delight.

The scene was made all the more eerie due to the excellent noise cancelling capabilities of my Sennheiser headphones and my iPod happily pumping out a track by Band Of Horses.

He stood there screaming in gleeful silence. Wild-eyed.

Then he ran at me. His arms were tensed in a hulking pose. He bounded up to me, his face still contorted in happiness.

I slid off my headphones.

"Take a hit of cocaine and get your life back on track!"

We locked hands in a manly above shoulder clasp.

And then he hulked off down the street.

I love Fitzroy!

Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:40 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

Shame he wasn't in a sharing mood...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home