Thursday, September 28, 2006

Everything Is Connected

You may remember me bitching and moaning about how the tendons in my fingers may not be as repaired as I had been led to believe. Well today was the day of the ultrasound and the good news is that the Dutch surgeons have actually done as good a job as everyone had said and it IS simply some pesky scar tissue holding the tendons at bay.

Hurrah! That means only one more operation instead of two!

Kate says the procedure to remove the scar tissue won't be done before the tendons have had six months to strengthen, so I have a little respite in the slice and dice department. On top of that, the doctors like to see how much movement can be gained without the operation. There is, of course a chance that, with the exercises, everything will come good, so it is back to work.

But now, I am off to celebrate.

Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you have doubted the talents of such a handsome micro-surgeon?

Seriously though, good to hear you are back on track.

Keep on keepin' on.

D x

 
At 8:45 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

Hurrah - drinks me on me at Q + A tonight!

 
At 11:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to here all is in the right place.

Hope your celebration was stuperous and fun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home